Thursday, August 16, 2007

Missouri Here We Come!

So it's official! We are moving to Missouri in October. Josh is taking a position as counsel with his mom and stepdad's company. He is excited about this new opportunity and will give him a chance to spend time with family and friends. Josh's best man, Andy Schmickle, lives nearby and they have a young son just 5 months older than Hayden. We hope to be house hunting after my sister's wedding at the end of September. I'm going to miss a few things about Florida.

1. Friends- I've had a good time getting to know Josh's friends from high school and their spouses.
2. Being able to go see the ocean whenever we wanted
3. Palm Beach Gardens- particularly The Gardens Mall. There is just no mall like it. Where else can you have Nordstrom, Burberry, Tommy Bahama, Coach, Louis Vuitton, Tiffany and Co. and also have Sears in the same mall?
4. Whole Foods Market- We actually just went here for the first time when Marie was visiting, but I loved it. I found my favorite shave lotion that I would otherwise have to order online. Avalon Natural Products are great.
5. Driving down the road and scanning every body of water searching out an alligator. I actually did get to see one in its natural element near Sarasota. I don't actually want to come across one as I'm terrified of them, but for some reason I am also fascinated by them.
6. The townhouse- I really like where we're living right now, but it'll be great to get a house with a yard that we can call our own.
7. Driving on Jupiter Island where Tiger Woods lives, even though it's pretty much impossible to get a glimpse of any house because they're covered by 20 ft. hedges.
8. The mild Florida winters.

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Not that Branson doesn't sound exciting, but I think I'm going to have to come and visit you in Florida before you move, especially with you fabulous list of favorite things. Plus, how adorable is Hayden getting?!?!?!

Holly said...

I love Florida! It will be nice to have you guys closer though, we might even get to see you!

The Grothaus Gang said...

Can't wait until you are in driving distance! I"m jealous that you get to have a house of your "own"! I'm going on being out of college 5+ years and am STILL renting! Guess I can't complain since I am chosing to stay at home. :-)

The Neally Family said...

You can't beat being a SAHM though.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for you to move closer. I miss you so much.It is hard having a grandchild so far away. I am not used that. I want to be able to see him more than once or twice a year. At least I can see and hear him "talking" on your blog.

Anonymous said...

At the rate you keep changing your moving date, you may end up staying when you come up for Andrea's wedding. How exciting. We, also, can't wait for you to live within driving distance. I agree with your mom -- a few nice long weekends are better than a couple times a year. I'm sure you're noticing how much Hayden is changing and you get to see him everyday. He certainly is filling out and starting to get active. Now, can you talk Jen into moving back so we can see Gabe more often too? Then all our grandsons could grow up together (at least see each other more often). Love you!