Monday, May 14, 2007

Getting Packed!

Josh and I have been getting ready and packing our bags for the hospital. Hayden's bag has been packed for a while and I just added the last few entries into his baby book before he makes his debut. We've installed the carseat base with a little help from Aunt Marie, since she is the expert car seat technician in the family. We just were having trouble getting it so tight to where it didn't move.

UPDATE: I had my 36 week checkup today and while I'm not dilated or effaced, my cervix has softened and his head is very low. She doesn't think there's a whole lot of room for him to drop any lower. She believes I will be making it to my 37 week appointment. He is in an optimal position for the birth and while his back isn't completely faced outward, he's still turned a little and hanging out on the left side of my belly. She said he is solid baby in there!!



This is the stroller/car seat system that Grandpa Denny and Grandma Debbie gave us. We love how easy it is to fold up and how lightweight it is.

7 comments:

KristinRounds said...

Don't get discouraged with the not dilating or effacing. Everyone is different and it doesn't necessarily mean you are going to be pregnant for another year. The women in our family tend to do nothing beforehand. I don't think I was ever even a cm dilated before I went into labor and my labor with Luke was 3 hours total. My mom too saw the dr. with one of the younger kids and they told her it would be awhile yet and she had the baby that night or the next day. Getting very excited here!!!

The Grothaus Gang said...

I feel for you! The last month is very difficult to get through because you are so excited about seeing your little one and you think you have absolutely no more room for him to get any bigger! Just concentrate on the time with just you and Josh and gets lots of rest while you still can!!

The Neally Family said...

Oh thanks. I know. I'm just trying to get through one day at a time. The evenings are probably the worst and getting up every hour or so during the night isn't fun. I just can't wait to hold him!!!

pianogal said...

Exciting! It sounds like Hayden is ready to make an appearance! I think I was the baby Kristin was referring to in her comment. My mom had a dr's appt. in the afternoon and came back that evening and I was born just before 8pm. It sounds like the three of you are as ready as can be. Good luck and keep us posted!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Lea, our lil' Hayden will arrive soon. The last month can be very discomforting filled with lots of anxiety. Try to keep yourself busy to keep your mind off things. My due date was obviously off when I was pregnant with Alisha. They gave me a due date of December 18 and she wasn't born until January 5. I didn't think she'd ever arrive. And then she finally arrived at 8 lbs., 13 1/2 pounds. Then Alisha had Gavin at 9 1/2 pounds. Wow, what big babies. Hopefully Hayden will be nice average weight. We just pray for a healthy baby. Can't wait to hold him. Yes, as Alisha suggested, get rested now b/c your days of resting will be over. Love you guys!!!!!!!

The Grothaus Gang said...

May is almost over!! Any updates or progress?

The Neally Family said...

I won't really know anything different until Thursday. Just feeling achier and a general "run down" flu type feeling. Getting last minute cleaning done, which isn't much, but enough to keep occupied. The bad thing about having everything ready for Hayden is that I'm pretty much just waiting and getting excited over every cramp that turns into nothing... Two more weeks until due date!!!