Thursday, May 31, 2007

Hayden says Hi!

Well here is Hayden at 38 weeks 3 days. Our appointment today didn't go quite well. Our nurse midwife was feeling he was rather large so we scheduled an ultrasound for later on in the day because he was not even engaged and usually first-time moms are engaged by now. She thinks that he will be too large for my pelvis. So, later on at the ultrasound he was moving around like crazy, which the ultrasound technician never sees this late in pregnancy. My cervix has not changed at all and he has definitely not engaged. I do have polyhydramnios (too much amniotic fluid), but his kidney and bladder are perfectly normal as well as everything else. He weighs 9 lb. 5 oz., which is just short of them definitely recommending a c-section. He's well above the 90th percentile. They then sent me for a non-stress test, which Hayden then fell asleep for, but they gave me some juice and crackers and he woke up to give some good movements. I will have to have another ultrasound and non-stress test again next week. I did ask if diabetes could have gone undiagnosed and she said that my levels were not even close for that to be considered.

A perinatologist is being consulted to determine if an induction will be done next week due to the excess amniotic fluid. The problem is since my cervix is not favorable, a c-section could be inevitable so we'll have to discuss that with the Dr. to decide. We also mentioned Josh's cousins having PHHI so we have made sure that all the necessary tests will be done after the birth. Hopefully we'll know more tomorrow.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Amazing clarity on Hayden on the ultrasounds. Sorry to hear about your complications... My sister has had two c-sections and she came out of it ok with two healthy beautiful baby boys, for what its worth. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers every day!

Anonymous said...

Amazing indeed. Looks like Hayden has a cute lil' pug nose. Can't wait to see him. Love you!!

The Grothaus Gang said...

WOW! He already weighs just .8 oz. less than Gavin did and he was extrememly large! I see from your more recent post that you will be having a c-section. Gavin was already dropped and ready when I went through induction and it still took 13 hours. I can't imagine going through it with what you are describing. It sounds like a c-section is the way to go. Best of luck! We will be praying for all of you!