Wednesday, April 23, 2008

What's New With Hayden


We put together one of his Christmas presents that we thought he'd now enjoy. He really liked sitting on it, but is not quite ready to walk behind it. We definitely have to sit right next to him in case he falls off.

Hayden is always really proud of himself when he stands up next to his toys.



Hayden being very vocal

Well we finally moved Hayden's crib mattress down since he can now sit up by himself. When he wakes up in the morning he sits up and talks until we get him in the morning. We love hearing what he has to say. He now weighs 26 lbs. and I definitely can feel it when I carry him up the stairs. What a workout! We're pretty sure this has a lot to do with him not being super mobile yet. He rolls and pivots and scoots everywhere and uses his head to help him sit up. When he's on all fours he puts his head down on the floor and scoots his arms back and sits up. He's getting better at it all the time and is super quick. We're enjoying him being a "baby" for as long as possible. One thing we've learned from Hayden is that he does things when he's ready. He still only has his bottom 2 teeth, but I see the top 2 trying to poke through. He still loves his baby food and has no real interest in table food except for his little snacks of the dried fruit, puffs, or cheerios, which he only gets after breakfast or dinner. He also pulls himself up to his knees, but isn't quite strong enough to stand up. He surprises us everyday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss you both when Im at work. Thank you for giving me something to be unbelievably proud of, my family is the most important thing in my life and it will always be that way. I'd do anything to make you all have the best life possible. I love you I love you I love you.

The Neally Family said...

I love you too babe!

The Grothaus Gang said...

27 pounds?? What a load! I bet it's difficult to carry him being pregnant! He definitely looks to be a very healthy weight with his height. I guess Gabe will be here May 12-21. Any chance you'll be able to make it to St. Louis during that time? Would love to take all the kiddos to the zoo and Grant's Farm!