Friday, January 16, 2009

What's New?!


Hayden and Ava's new ride. We really debated which double stroller to get. We love the versatility of our single stroller since it's good for any type of terrain so we wanted something similar in a double. It came down to the Bumbleride Twin Indie or the Valco and we ultimately decided on the Valco. Now the color decision was a little more difficult. We didn't want red since our single was red and we wanted something different. I really liked the Sunrise Navy/Orange combo, but that was last year's model going for the same price as this year's model, but the new models have some upgrades such as the shade being bigger. Finally it came to pistacchio or the Boy Meets girl, but I was leaning away from the boy meets girl. Josh talked me into it. What's nice about the boy meets girl color is that it came fully accessorized with foot muffs, a rain cover, a sunshade, and cupholder. What made up my mind on the Valco was that when you close it there's a lock and the Bumbleride didn't have that and people found that it would open up as it was put into the trunk. The valco has a nice basket underneath like most strollers, but also has saddle bag pouches on both sides of the basket as well as pouches behind each hood. It's a great place to put sunscreen, extra pacifiers for Ava (when she'll take one), or snacks.

Ava is now 5 months old as of yesterday and not much is new with her. She's very expressive and is such a happy go lucky baby. I came down with the stomach flu on Wednesday night and Josh took Hayden to work with him at the new office where the playroom is huge and has a giant pirate ship for him to climb all over. It's like a continuation of his bedroom! But, Ava was a dream baby. She slept a lot and let mommy rest or she was just happy playing. Then last night Josh came home from work not feeling well and he was up late being sick into the night too. Today we are just getting rested up and rehydrated. So far the kids are showing no signs of getting sick and we hope it stays that way. Josh has to get better because Hayden's Christmas present from Bibi is coming via UPS today(his play kitchen). He had gotten one play kitchen that we brought home with us from Colorado and when I went to set it up half of it was missing (only one box of two was shipped). I called Amazon and they told me a replacement was being sent and should arrive Monday or Tuesday of the following week. By Friday we had no kitchen so Josh called back and I guess the other customer service rep was wrong and they weren't sending a replacement and the kitchen we got was no longer in stock! Ugh. So they issued a refund and we picked out a different one. No big deal.

"I love my big brother," Ava says.
Hayden giving some attention to Ava

Hayden loved playing with Josh's wallet so we got him a cheap one for him to play with and I put some old cards in it for him.

Hayden and his bed head after waking up from his nap


8 comments:

pianogal said...

Congratulations on completing the stroller collection, or is it complete...;) Good thing you have a big car to fit it in! Man, if you jog around hilly Branson with that thing (and the kids in it) you'll be ready for anything! I've always wanted to try jogging with Noah on a nice wide flat surface but have never had the guts to try it...I can barely push his jogger up tiny hills while walking! Have fun with the new wheels.

The Neally Family said...

Our neighborhood isn't too bad. I need to get over my fear of being outside in our neighborhood since the last time we went for a walk we saw a tarantula. We just won't walk at dusk. ;)

Audreee said...

The kids look super cute in that stroller. I, too, am in the market for a double stroller. I thought I wanted a tandem one, but your babies look so sweet side by side!

The Neally Family said...

Thanks! Well we took it out to our downtown and we didn't have too much trouble in stores. Not any more than we have with a single stroller, IMO. Then when they get older they won't fight over who gets to sit in front. ;)

Anonymous said...

They look cute in their new stroller. Ava is such a happy baby and Hayden is so cute. Hope you guys are feeling better. Happy Birthday to Jack. I have talked to several people that are interested in adopting Sammy, two in Pennsylvania and now there is one from Des Moines. I haven't had the chance to talk to her yet. I guess I have a big say on who gets to adopt him.

pianogal said...

Tarantula? ew!

The Neally Family said...

Hey Mom, maybe Obama would be interested. Haha.

Anonymous said...

I have never seen a two colored stroller like that. I like it!