Friday, June 1, 2007

Update

We just got back from seeing the doctor after reviewing the ultrasound results. Due to Hayden's size and me having polyhydramnios, they are recommending a c-section. He is borderline on his size so they had a tough decision on whether or not to recommend the c-section, but since the excess fluid poses new risks they think this is the best route. An induction would require a softening agent (cytotek, which can be risky) and then using pitocin. The induction process would be very long since my cervix has no change and could lead to a c-section anyway and possibly even an emergency c-section. We are both relieved by the decision and we were leaning towards this as well due to the possibility of a birth injury if a vaginal birth was attempted.

So... I will be admitted to the hospital at 10 am on Tuesday, June 5th and the surgery will start at 12:30 pm. Our little Hayden will be here shortly after!

I am disappointed about my birth plan changing, but I did not want to risk anything happening to Hayden and we could not wait for me to go past my due date as the longer I go with the excess fluid, the most risks there could be.

Thank you for thinking of us!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will be praying for you! Make sure the camera is packed. Love you!!!!!!!!!!!

pianogal said...

I'll be praying that everything goes smoothly and that both mom and baby will have a quick recovery.

Marie