Sunday, February 10, 2008

Hayden Swimming








Hayden and I started infant swim lessons last Friday with Jack and Carlye and another mom and daughter we've met through the Schmickles that will continue for eight weeks. I was really surprised how much he liked it. He was really into kicking and was really excited about being in the water. He was also having a good time putting his mouth in the water, but the instructor assured us that it was ok if he drank a little. So, today we all went to Stormy Point and practiced a little bit. Next week we go under water!!

7 comments:

The Grothaus Gang said...

Cool! Looks like Hayden enjoys swimming! I would be freaked out to submerge them!

Anonymous said...

mimi said...

I'm with Alisha. I'd freak out putting them under water, too, but water scares me. More power to you. I'm sure he'll be swimming like a fish in no time. Miss you guys.

The Neally Family said...

Josh's mom was an infant swim teacher and Josh could swim before he could walk!

The Neally Family said...

They only do 5 short submersions.

KristinRounds said...

You are doing it all wrong:) You are supposed to blow in his face and then shove him under the water!! Ahh!!! I remember watching Josh, who I believe was swimming before he could sit up, most likely, and it scared me but he was awesome!! I remember him swimming to me under water with his eyes wide open and a big grin on his face and bubbles coming out of his mouth. I swear he was only a few months old. It was kind of scary to watch but really neat as well!!

Summer said...

How fun! The photos are great, too.

-Summer

Anonymous said...

mimi said...

Oh yes, I know Josh/Jen learned to swim as infants but it is still scary for me to even think about it. More power to you - I think it's great. They always say to teach them young - swimming, different languages, etc. I think it's harder even for me to watch as a grandparent. Of course, my grandsons are perfect and do no wrong. :-)

Good luck with lessons. No doubt, Hayden will be a fish like his dad was in no time. Then you can start the process over again in a year.