Sunday, March 23, 2008

The Difficult Task of Feeding Hayden

Lately Hayden has been rather difficult to feed. He does ok in the beginning and then decides, hey it's really fun blowing raspberries with a mouthful of food. He really just started doing it more often when Josh started feeding him his meals this weekend because I have the flu. I got hit with influenza b, which is the milder of the a and b strains. The b strain has been going around the area the Dr. said. It started out with what I thought were allergy symptoms of sneezing and nasal congestion and then I later developed a mild fever of 101 and chills and body aches. I went to urgent care and they confirmed the flu. The fever didn't last very long and went away along with the chills and body aches and I'm just left with a bad cough and congestion. The Dr. prescribed an inhaler and some pills for the cough. I've thrown up a couple times just due to coughing really hard. Now all around my eyes are spotted a lovely purple. It's hard being so sick this month since I didn't get sick one time all the while we lived in Florida. Anyway, I decided to get out of bed for a little bit to get some video of Hayden, which is a good thing because I needed to pre-treat both Josh and Hayden's clothes and clean up while they both hopped in the tub.

2 comments:

The Grothaus Gang said...

Oh my! I remember when Gavin started spitting his food out of the blue. Luckily it was a short phase because it became quite tiresome cleaning up the messes!

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better by now Lea. Sure isn't fun being under the weather when you're pregnant.