Monday, March 24, 2008

We're Expecting....Again!

In August, Josh and I are expecting a baby girl, Ava Elizabeth. We just had our ultrasound today and so far everything looks good, but we'll hear the official results tomorrow. I had planned on announcing a while back, but I didn't get any pictures at that quick peek of an ultrasound so I wanted to wait until I had some pictures to add to the post. We are now 18 weeks along and expect our baby girl to arrive sometime around August 15th or so. We are due Aug. 21, but at our first appointment the Dr. said we would probably schedule the csection for the week before.

I had a suspicion that this baby was a girl, but really wasn't sure if it meant anything. There have been a lot of things that have been different this time around, but if you talk to anyone you're bound to hear a story of someone that had completely different pregnancies, but turned out the same sex as before. For me, I wasn't as sick. Smells still bothered me, but not nearly like they did with Hayden. I'm much more emotional/irritable this time vs. with Hayden I'm not sure there was a day I was in a bad mood. I don't have the heartburn like last time. Oh I still will munch on a few Tums at the end of the day, but I'm not having that bottle tied to me at all times. By this time with Hayden I was in pain from the heartburn and was needing something stronger. I had some serious fatigue at the beginning of this pregnancy, but with Hayden I didn't notice feeling tired. This time there were moments where I felt I could not walk up the stairs. Caring for a baby is tiring in itself, but this was not the same.




It's a Girl!



A cute 3D pic of Ava's face

All curled up. Her arm looks a little strange, but it's actually coming out towards the camera.

Ok. Enough pictures.

9 comments:

KristinRounds said...

Ahh, she is beautiful!! Congrats!! We find out in a month about the grandbaby, I am really anxious!! Especially when I see something cute to buy, but don't no whether to buy blue or pink.

The Neally Family said...

Thanks! We actually just found out about your grandbaby to be. Congrats! It is such a waiting game. With Hayden I was so excited to buy something and we had to wait until almost 22 weeks. Then Josh didn't really want to get anything until we moved out of our apartment. I think tomorrow we'll buy something pink. :)

Summer said...

Yup, that sure does look like a girl! Congrats!!! Great ultrasound pics. I'm so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

Yeah for girls! It's been fun watching Luke, Andy, and Gabe play together over the years, now we'll have 4 within the span of 18 months (and at least 2 girls!). My gut feeling is that Kristin is going to have a grandson, we'll know in a month! Poor Ava will have all the boys to contend w/ at the Neally family events. At least she'll have Lucy, Emma & Olivia at other family events!

Carlye said...

YEAH~~~~

Jack is excited to have another girlie friend!!

Holly said...

Oooh! A girl! That will be fun!

The Grothaus Gang said...

Finally...a Neally family girl! Congratulations! As I told Josh, she will have to be one tough girl hanging with all the boys! Buying for a little girl will be SOOOO much fun! Hope I get to join in on the fun one day, too!

Kristin said...

Congratulations - I am SO happy for you guys!

3LittleFlowers said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! You are going to love to have a little girl!!!!!!