Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Golden Birthday

Today is my golden birthday and I am 29 on the 29th. I had never heard of this before until the weekend because Josh's uncle also had his golden birthday this year. I don't think we have any big plans other than maybe going somewhere for dinner. Josh is going to come home early from work and we'll probably just play with Hayden and hang out. Tomorrow the ladies at Josh's work are giving me a baby shower so that'll be fun. It was an unexpected surprise. Sunday I was having some contractions that could be timed. They weren't too intense, but there was a definite pattern going on. At my appointment yesterday they found that the contractions weren't making any change, but if they do become really intense that we need to head straight to L&D. Ava moves an unbelievable amount and it is so strange seeing body parts poke out at various areas of my belly. Because I had polyhydramnios with Hayden I never felt or saw that much movement. I felt enough to know he was there, but Ava's movements at this point can be extremely uncomfortable and they take my breath away at times. I don't know if I've officially "dropped", but her head is low and has caused a great deal of pain when I walk. Symphysis pubis dysfunction is most likely the cause. Usually by the end of the day I can barely walk, which makes it very difficult to chase Hayden around. Luckily a bath at the end of the day alleviates some of the discomfort. With Hayden I had tremendous amounts of rib pain since he didn't drop, but seriously I would rather have the rib pain than this because at least I could still walk with Hayden. So that's the update with Ava.

10 comments:

Kristin said...

Happy Birthday Lea!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bridget said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I am sorry you are getting uncomfortable...hope you have/had a great day!

Kate said...

Happy Birthday yesterday!!

Holly said...

Oh man... makes me hurt just thinking about it. You are going to feel sooooooo good when you have that baby.

I'm sure the baby's real comfy though!

KristinRounds said...

Happy belated birthday!! Hope you had a great day. Be sure to post some pics after the baby shower, so we can see all of you pink loot!!!

Anonymous said...

Well happy belated birthday. It's interesting that you said that about the golden birthday thing, I didn't know that either, and it's my golden b-day soon! I'll be 20 on August 20th! Now I know! Sorry you are uncomfortable, she'll be here soon!

Sara said...

Glad you posted the address to BBC. Great blog.

Lydia said...

I had that pubic bone pain thing too.. and it was terrible! I couldn't walk, so I can't imagine having to chase around a toddler feeling like that! You poor thing! I hope things go well for the remainder of the pregnancy!

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday.
This is the first chance I have had since I got home from Ottumwa. I can't wait to come down. I am getting things ready. I can't wait to see you and Josh and especially Hayden and Ava.

Love you,
Mom & Dad