Thursday, July 17, 2008

Hayden's New Room


Hayden really loves his new room and he adjusted pretty well after a few days. His old room was really dark when he'd go down for naps and bedtime so we were really worried how he'd adjust to so much light. The first couple days were a little rough meaning it took him a little longer to fall asleep, but now he's really good when we put him down. For nap time he will usually play with his turtle for awhile before he decides to lay down and go to sleep and for bedtime he is usually pretty tired so he goes right down. Some of you might wonder why I like sailboats/nautical things so much and it's because I just love how sailboats look on the water. They look very peaceful, relaxing, and elegant with their sails pointing to the sky. I fell in love with the sailboat mobile he had when he was younger several years ago and I had decided that if I were to have a boy someday that I wanted to use that theme. Josh liked it too so it was perfect.
The boat shaped bookcase Grandpa Denny made for his birthday present and a picture of Hayden Fry on the top shelf. It's all anchored to the wall so Hayden can have fun reaching for his books and stuffed animals.

The hanging sail Grandma Dawn got him for his birthday. It works perfectly to block some of the light and it's not visible from the outside of the house. In the picture it looks like it's covering or blocking the fan, but it's actually in front of it.

His growth chart we finally can hang on the wall


Some of the decorations we used for his birthday party and the picture in this photo says, "Sailing Off to Sleep".

6 comments:

Nicole said...

It's adorable.

You put a lot of work and love in his room. What a lucky little boy.

Bridget said...

I LOVE IT!! Very very cute!

Kate said...

Such a cute room :)

Holly said...

I love his room! I love sailboarts and water too!

I didn't know you moved, I feel so bad that I haven't kept up with you guys in the past month... Enjoy your new home and your new baby on the way!!!!!!

Yay!!!!

Cindy said...

So cool! You did an awesome job.

Our guestroom currently has a sailboat/nautical theme. If I have a boy next I may use some of that stuff for his room -- you have inspired me.

Anonymous said...

Wow Hayden, you sure have a cool bedroom. It sure is nice to have such a talented gpa and a generous gma. You are a very lucky boy.