Monday, September 22, 2008

Hayden's Boo Boo



It's easy to see the big bump on his forehead :( The flash was really bright when I took his picture.

Today before lunch Josh called to tell me that Hayden fell and he was taking him to the emergency room. Apparently he had tripped over his feet and fell and hit his head on a chair. Hayden has had some big falls, but this one was the worst to date. I wish I could have been with him to hold him, but Ava and I were stuck at home. It wasn't until later that I saw the giant goose egg on his forehead. All I wanted to do was scoop him up and hold him, but he was fine and not really interested in cuddling until it was time for bed. It is so hard seeing your baby hurting. Plus the poor guy is getting three molars in. The doctor said he wasn't displaying any signs of a head injury, but just to keep an eye on him. He was a little crabby at dinner, but I'm sure he was hurting and exhausted.

6 comments:

my life said...

There's nothing worse than feeling helpless when one of your babies are hurting.. been there many times!!

Emily said...

Ouch! We have a similar picture of our Gracie with a goose egg just like Hayden's. It was definitely the scariest thing I've ever witnessed. Those goose eggs grow so fast that you think their little heads are going to burst. Hope is feeling better today!

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your boo boo Hayden but thankful you're okay. It looks awful. You are such a trooper. Hugs and kisses!!!

Andrea said...

OUCHIE!!!! Poor little guy! I hope he feels better soon!

That Nora Girl said...

That hurts me to look at too, because I can relate! I hope he heals up nice and quick.

Kristin said...

Give that cute little head kisses for me.