Friday, January 11, 2008

Can You Read This?

Today on my birth board, someone posted a link to another thread where some people were commenting on how annoying it is when people misuse words or misspell words, for example: lose vs. loose, i.e. vs. e.g., it's vs. its, etc. After several posts of different things that were wrong that they read often, someone posted this (And yes, I could read it):

if yuo can raed tihs, you hvae a sgtrane mnid, too.
Can you raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs forwrad it.

7 comments:

Tara @ Feels Like Home said...

This is one of my pet peeves, too (even though I missed that post on BBC).

btw, I can read it, too. :)

malisa said...

I must be smart. I can read it! I'm a great speller, but sometimes I've got my mind on something else and my fingers type something else. So I'm not too hard on misspellings on bbc. Though I hope no one points out anything on any of my posts!

The Neally Family said...

Don't worry! I never point out misspellings on bbc and I doubt anyone points out yours either!

pianogal said...

I can read it too! I like your extended rear-facing blinkie. ;)


Marie

The Neally Family said...

Hey Marie! I thought you would...

EthansMommy said...

I saw that link and wound up reading the whole entire thread.
btw - I can read it too. Really fast, I might add. I must be super-smart! haha

3LittleFlowers said...

I can read it too, even though English is my second language. I also have LOTS of mispells...