Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Ava's Last Day in the hospital and her homecoming




Ava trying out her swing. Unfortunately her bili blanket kept it from swinging.

All dressed and ready to go home



Our two wonderful children. We might have to move Ava to the side too because Hayden kept trying to steal her blanket.




Our security tags from the hospital. If Ava and I were more than 30 minutes apart it would play a little song when we were brought back together.

Yesterday morning I was given the ok to go home by my doctor and we just had to wait on Ava's pediatrician to see if she could go home too. After meeting with her we were allowed to go home, but she had to go home with a bilirubin blanket. It's a tube that gives off UV light that goes to a hose and then to a pad that either is strapped to her back or belly. It makes her light up like a little glow worm. She has to be on it 24/7 until we get her levels down so it makes feedings difficult since we have to be next to an outlet. Close to 1 pm we were finally given the blanket and we were on our way home after they cut off our security tags. It was really nice to be home. Hayden was really curious about her when we set her down in her car seat. It's really hard to have him stand at my feet with his arms up, but I can't pick him up for 6 weeks. My parents cooked us a nice dinner and then I went to bed shortly after so I could get a head start on some sleep and I definitely needed it. I was up every 1 and half hours to feed her and if she fussed in between Josh got up to check her diaper or soothe her a bit. She gets so sleepy during her feedings that I'm constantly tickling her little feet to get her going again. Today we're headed back up to Springfield to get a check of her levels and hopefully the frequent feedings and the light are helping.

6 comments:

Kate said...

Dylan was jaundice too and I was so worried. Everything worked out okay though. Things seem to be going good for you guys! Good luck with sleeping tonight!

Christina said...

She is SO beautiful!! I love the picture with her eyes open!! Zack has his eyes open about 5% of the day, but it is always fun to see him awake!! I am so glad you are at home, life is just better when you get to live it at home!! :) I will br praying that Ava's jaundice goes away soon, Zack was also jaundiced, but it went away within 2 days!! I know it is hard to feed every hour and a half!! You GO girl!! You are an awesome mommy!! Take care!!!

Bridget said...

Congrats to her going home! You have beautiful kids! I love those carseat pics!

Summer said...

Congrats again. You have two gorgeous children! I love Ava's little hairbow and bracelet- so girly and sweet!

3LittleFlowers said...

You really have a gorgeous family... Ava is just a beautiful little princess!!!! TOO CUTE!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

My three girls had jaundice tos, so I can relate!

Anonymous said...

What cute pics. Glad you are home and she doesn't have to have the blanket. She's so beautiful.