Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Our Anniversary and Hayden is 14 months old!


Today Josh and I celebrate two years of marriage. The last two years have been absolutely amazing and we are so blessed to have each other and a beautiful son and soon to be daughter to make our family complete. We played it low key and just stayed home with each other. I'm pretty much hibernating for the last week and a half.

Just two years ago we were married in an intimate ceremony at the Yampa Valley Botanical Gardens in Steamboat Springs, Colorado. Josh's grandfather officiated the ceremony and Josh's aunt and dad performed the special music. The happiest day of my life was when I said "I Do" to Josh (well besides Hayden being born). The whole wedding was very stress free and relaxing. After the wedding we traveled to downtown Steamboat to the Cottonwood Grill for some pacific rim cuisine. I had the halibut and Josh had the duck. It was just nice to relax amongst family. My only regret was that I wish the wedding had been sooner so we could have had more time to visit after dinner. After cake it was getting pretty late so the evening seemed to end really quickly for us. Once the reception was over Josh and I went back to our amazing honeymoon home where we opened our gifts and and read our cards together. It was so nice. The place we stayed at was this really cool tri-level home that would be a great place to take a huge family for vacation. It was nestled in the mountains near the ski slopes with a hot tub on the deck and gorgeous sunset views. We had a good time inviting family that was still in town over to play games, visit, and eat pizza. We were sad to go back home to Florida, but Josh was ready to dive back into his cases at work. Just two months later we found out we were expecting Hayden and now we're getting ready to have our second baby!

6 comments:

Bridget said...

Happy Anniversary!

pianogal said...

Happy anniversary! Your wedding was so much fun, I have a lot of good memories from that trip.

Christina said...

Happy Anniversary!! Congrat's on two awesome years! I'll bet your weddding was beautiful, we love Colorado!! Isn't marriage amazing?!? I didn't EVEN know how cool it would be to be married to your very best friend!! It totally rocks!! You guys sure look like a great match!! Enjoy your special day!!!
P.S. I TOTALLY understand the hibernating thing...today we went to the pool and people looked at me like they had never seen a pregnant person, I can't be that big...can I?!?!!? :):) Take care!

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary! You had a beautiful wedding and everything was planned so well. Nine more days until Ava. Are you guys ready?
I can't wait to come down. Give a kiss to Hayden for me.

The Neally Family said...

I have my final list made and a couple more appts. to take care of like haircuts because I know we won't have time after she arrives.

pianogal said...

Good luck tomorrow, I'll be thinking of you!