Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Hayden has Arrived!!!

The King is here, long live the King! Well, at least for a little while... Lea and I will be ordered around by grunts and cries and if we get the command wrong...well I learned the penalty for doing that, here's some pee in your eye Ha!
Hayden was 9lbs 6 oz. at birth, he was 20 and a half inches long and had a 15 inch head. He is healthy and they've been keeping an eye on his blood sugar which has been hovering around 59-54. So, it seems we are safe there. He caught on pretty quick to breastfeeding but likes to chomp down on mommy which seems quite painful (at least from her shocked and pained grimace and exclamation.) He is absolutely the most beautiful thing I have ever seen, even cuter than my baby pictures which is saying a lot. :)
We got some sleep last night, I maybe got 3 or 4 hours and Lea might have got somewhere near there. Mostly dozing in and out for both of us. They did take him for a little bit at about midnight to check his vitals and blood sugar and kept him with the nurses for a few hours, which helped us to relax, though not much.
Lea did have some nausea and heavier bleeding, but they think that was mostly the anesthetic and the fact that he was a large baby respectively. She has not had any problems lately and seems to be out of the woods so-to-speak, though they want to check her blood again.
Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers, it was nerve-wracking and will continue to be I'm sure, but we are very very happy and I am extremely proud of Lea and so very thankful for her and to her for what she has gone through for our family.






7 comments:

Grandma S said...

He is awesome. I do agree he is very cute. I'm so glad all went well and his blood sugars seem stable. Congratulations!

KristinRounds said...

Oh!!! I have tears in my eyes! I am so excited for you two. It's hard to believe my baby nephew is a daddy. I love seeing how proud and happy you are!! Take care and I agree he is a cutey, not that I expected anything other from our gene pool!!
Great Aunt Kristin (ok, still not happy about that title, I do hold it against Jenny more though)

The Grothaus Gang said...

What a beautiful baby boy! I am so happy to hear that everything seems to have gone very well. Hayden seems to be just perfect! It looks like Josh is one proud and happy father! I hope Lea is recovering well. I do not know the pain of a c-section but I'm sure getting to hold that little guy makes it more than worthwhile. I'm sure you are excited to get home with him, but your time in the hospital can be quite helpful when you need a few extra hands or just that reassurance that everything is ok. Congratulations again! Welcome to the family Hayden! Gavin can't wait to meet you! Love you all!

pianogal said...

Kristin shouldn't complain, I'm a great-aunt twice over before the age of 25!!! (not that I'm complaining, I too, hold Jenny responsible for making me a great-aunt at the age of 20;) What a cutie, I can't wait to meet him. Congratulations to both of you!

Great-Aunt Marie (maybe Hayden and Gabe can call me "GAM")

Holly said...

Yay! He's so cute! Have fun and give him a little aunty squeeze for me.

The Greatest Aunt of Them All...

Holly

Miserable Little Secrets said...

Jesus Christ, he's bigger than me. (I am only 1 foot 2 as you're aware)

If he turns out to be a psycho, name him Hayden Adam Neally and give me the next one, okay?

Joel and V said...

CONGRATS on your new bundle of joy! What a beautiful baby boy. Can't wait to hold him. Glad everything went well. Love you!!

P.S. Sorry it took so long to comment but I've had troubles getting logged on -- then had a program at work -- finally found time to figure out a way to get logged onto this computer. Anyway, we are so proud of you!!!