Saturday, June 9, 2007

How is Lea doing...

Thursday my pulse had been very high all day and still into the evening and so the Doctor came in to check me out and decided to run several tests to rule out anything serious. I first had my blood drawn and then an EKG. After the EKG I had another IV put in so I could go downstairs and have a CT scan on my lungs and heart area. That was a little scary since we went down there at about 1 am and Josh was really worried. They had to inject me through the IV with a substance that would allow them to see clearly. It was something that would make me feel very warm for just a few minutes. After the test was over we went back to my hospital room where I fed Hayden again and tried to settle down for the night. We found out that the test came back normal, but the doctor still wanted to do a doppler ultrasound on my legs to rule out any clots. We don't have the results from that test, but I was listening to the tech describing what she was doing and her findings onto a recording she was making. My hemoglobin did drop from around 13 prior to surgery to 7 after surgery so I had lost quite a bit of blood and my lower half had (still does) a ton of swelling. The doctor coming in the next day said that I could get a blood transfusion if I wanted to and it would probably make me feel better, but we decided not to get it done and just come home. She wasn't recommending it either way. Today my pulse still feels high, I feel extremely sleepy, and I still have the swelling, but other than that I'm feeling good and enjoying our sweet Hayden. The time between needing pain medication gets farther and farther apart each time and they did prescribe some iron to help with the blood loss. Thank you all for thinking of us and keeping us in your prayers during this time.

1 comment:

The Grothaus Gang said...

Oh, Lea...a blood transfusion?? I'm glad things are working out for now so that you don't have to get one. We'll be praying for your complete recovery!